Thursday, May 9, 2013

Site Three: Mount Everest: The Top of the World

Location:  Himalayas: Tibet: China
  27°59'16.43"N    86°55'30.23"E
Tectonic Activity and Results: Frequent Earthquakes, Mountains
Recent Activity: 5 cm of Elevation gain per year

Wow, the view is amazing. It was a hard, stressful, trying climb up. There were moments I though I would be stuck, times I thought I would die, but through endurance, determination, and stubbornness I made it. The weather the whole way up seemed bad to me, but the locals and the veterans said it was nothing. But heedless of the weather on the way up at the top it was clear. On the highest point of the world there rests a string of flags from every country in the world. This symbol of global unity raised my spirits and gave me more energy I would need n the way down. A little embarrassed at always having to ask explanations for the formation of the different sites I've visited i brought a book. And so at the top of the world I sat down and read a book.


No comments:

Post a Comment